Travel from Seattle (SEA)
Due to runway construction, the airport may reduce how many aircraft can line up for takeoff. This might cause delays. We recommend checking the status of your flight before leaving for the airport. Learn more about the Seattle airport expansion. "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." .
Travel to/from San Francisco (SFO)
Alaska Airlines is currently operating flights out of both the International Terminal and Terminal 2.
Be certain to check your flight details before your trip to make sure that you arrive at the correct terminal, leaving plenty of time to check in and arrive at the right gate.
We recommend checking your boarding pass carefully for gate and terminal information, and signing up for flight notifications and checking your flight status to receive updates if there are any gate or terminal changes for your flight.
Note:You can obtain boarding passes for any flight at either terminal, but you must check your bags at your departure terminal.
Connecting flights in SFO:
If your connecting flight leaves from a different terminal than the one at which you arrive, you will need to leave security and take the AirTrain "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." to your departing terminal.
Give yourself plenty of time to get from one terminal to another. You can generally expect a 5-7 minute AirTrain ride between Terminal 2 and the International Terminal. However, travel time from farthest International gate to the Alaska Airlines gates in Terminal 2 could take up to 35 minutes.
- International Terminal: AirTrain is located just outside the security checkpoint.
- Terminal 2: AirTrain is located between the garage and the terminal. Take an elevator or escalator to Mezzanine - Level 3, cross the passenger skybridge, then go up an additional level to Air Train platform.
Travel from CanadaGuests are experiencing longer than normal wait times at security checkpoints when departing from Canada. We recommend the following to help expedite the process through security lines and US Border Protection in Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), and Vancouver (YVR).
- Arrive at the airport for check-in at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure at Calgary (YYC), Edmonton (YEG), and Vancouver (YVR) airports.
- Make sure you have your boarding pass and passport ready to present for verification at the security checkpoint and US Customs.
- Know what items are prohibited to take through the checkpoint, you can check prohibited items at catsa.gc.ca/whatcanIbring "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines.".
- Please visit our preferred provider, TravelDoc "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines.", to determine the documentation and visa requirements of your chosen destination.