At Alaska Airlines, we strive to make your travel experience as easy, safe, and comfortable as possible.
To help us offer you the best travel experience:
- Make reservations as early as possible. You can request services online or over the phone.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure when requesting these services.
- Let us know of any special requirements???at check-in, in the boarding area, and on the aircraft.
Seating for passengers with disabilities
We offer specific seating accommodations for passengers with certain types of disabilities. Passengers who are entitled to special seating include:
- Passengers who use an aisle chair to board the aircraft
- Passengers who cannot readily transfer over a fixed aisle armrest
- A passenger traveling with a safety assistant who will be assisting that individual during the flight
- A passenger traveling with a service animal
- A passenger with a fused or immobilized leg
- A passenger using a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC)
Please call our dedicated accessible services line at 1-800-503-0101 for special seating accommodations.
At Alaska Airlines, our aircraft are subject to federal accessibility requirements for travelers with disabilities. Depending on aircraft type and age, additional seats with movable aisle armrests are available beyond the specific reserved seats for travelers with disabilities. Please note that seats in row 6 are not equipped with moveable armrests.
Purchasing a seat when you need extra room
Our seats average 17 inches wide in coach, and 21 inches wide in First Class. For the safety and comfort of all passengers, those who are unable to fit comfortably in their seat with both armrests down, will be required to purchase two seats. Please review our second seat policy for more information.