At Alaska Airlines, we strive to make your travel experience as easy, safe, and comfortable as possible.
To help us offer you the best travel experience:
- Make reservations as early as possible. You can request services online or over the phone.
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure when requesting these services.
- Let us know of any special requirements???at check-in, in the boarding area, and on the aircraft.
Traveling with a ticketed safety assistant
A ticketed safety assistant is required under the following circumstances:
- The traveler is unable to assist in his or her own evacuation from the aircraft in the event of an emergency.
- The traveler cannot respond to crew member safety instructions.
- The traveler has both severe hearing and vision impairments and cannot establish communication with crew members that is adequate to permit understanding of the safety briefing.
If it is determined that a traveler requires a ticketed safety assistant, but is unable to provide one, Alaska Airlines may deny travel.
Please notify reservations at least 48 hours in advance if you will be traveling with a safety assistant, so we can provide you and your safety assistant adjacent seats on the aircraft.
Traveling with medication
Please note that we do not provide medical services or administration of medication. However, we will provide service to help safely transport medication.
- Medication should always remain with the traveler in carry-on baggage; never in checked baggage.
- Our aircraft are not equipped with refrigerators, so please plan accordingly.
- Concerns about transporting medication or medical supplies through a security checkpoint can be verified using the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) standardized security screening procedures at the TSA website??"This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines.".
- To prevent interference with the deployment of the onboard emergency oxygen masks, intravenous devices may not be suspended from the aircraft.
FAA regulations prohibit the use of a traveler's personal oxygen equipment during flight unless it falls under the ??Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC) guidelines.
Traveling with nut or other severe allergies
We cannot prevent passengers from bringing products containing nuts or other allergens (e.g. service animals) onboard our flights. Some First Class meals and meals for purchase in the main cabin may contain nuts. Therefore, Alaska Airlines is unable to guarantee a nut- or allergen-free flight. Attempting to do this would create a false sense of security for passengers with severe allergies. We encourage passengers who are allergic to nuts to bring their own food items for travel. Passengers with severe allergies are also encouraged to consult with their doctor regarding the safety of air travel.
Please advise the gate agent if you would like to pre-board to cleanse your immediate seating area.
Alaska Airlines does not currently fly to any countries that require airlines to treat the passenger cabin with insecticides but we recognize that you may be connecting on us to one of our many partners internationally that do fly to these countries. If you would like more information, please refer to the Department of Transportation website "This indicates a link to an external site that may not meet accessibility guidelines." that has more information on this topic and what airlines and countries require the use of insecticides.
Alaska Airlines does not offer translation services. However, we do provide escort assistance to individuals who need help to and from the aircraft and transport between gates.